Saturday 9 October 2010

Christmas Candle

Here is a technique i've been meaning to try for ages and Christmas is perfect for Candles!
This is made with the free gift in the new November Issue 80 of Quick Cards Made Easy.
The free gift is a sheet of cute Christmas stamps by Alys Paterson.
Heres how i decorated the candle:-
You will need:-
Tissue paper,
A sponge & water,
Scissors,
Heatgun,
Ink pad, Stazon if using pencils or Memento if using alcohol based pens like,Promarkers or Copics
Colouring medium, I used Promarkers and Sakura gel pens.
How to:-
I Stamped my images onto Tissue paper and cut around the images to remove excess tissue paper,you can just use a strip.
On the reverse of the tissue paper i dampened with a sponge & water, make sure you dont saturate the tissue paper or it will break up.
I added it to the candle,carefully smoothing to make sure it was clinging to the candle, then with the heat gun,not too close,I heated the tissue,it will start to dry,then seem to dissapear into the candle,leaving the image,thats when its done, dont hold heat on constantly or the candle will drip,work your way across the tissue image until the tissue had adhered to the candle.
Leave to cool and you'll have a uniquely decorated candle.

No comments:



Welcome to my wonderful world of Crafting

Thankyou for looking at my blog pages.