Saturday 5 January 2008

LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN-ENJAYS CRAFT CHALLENGES

HELLO! This is the first of what I hope to be many Challenges.
This is supposed to be a fun way of showing your imagination!!
Leave a comment, with a link so people can view your card or craft item on your blog with relevance to the Challenge.
If you dont have a blog email me & I will put your card on mine.



THE 1ST CHALLENGE IS - WATERCOLOUR 6TH JAN-20TH JAN 2008

This can be using Watercolour paints,pens,pencils. Or can be something inspired by an artist, or even include a painting by or of the artist.


These are some of mine.

They are using Whispers Stroke Dual watercolour Pens.



This is 'Watercolour Butterflies' I won the Craft Beautiful card competition Jan 2007 with this card.

This is using Watercolour pens on glossy Photo paper, it gives a great paint effect!

I love Iris',For this ATC I drew & painted the Iris' then went over some of the flowers with a Sakura Gelly roll pen




This Atc of Fans I stamped the image with Stazon on Vellum & used Watercolour pens .

This ATC is also stamped on Vellum with Stazon & coloured with pens and as Vellum loves to curl, it gives the wings of the Dragonflies a great dimension when they are cut out! I also went over the Watercolour pens with Sakura Gelly roll clear pen.

10 comments:

Louly said...

These are all inspirational Nicola, I love them all, you really are good with those water colour pens. I bought a case of whispers pens recently, the pens seem to be 3 different types but none of them say what they are on the pen. Do yours actually say 'watercolour' on the pen?

Nicola said...

Hi Louly, I have posted some pic's of the pens, it doesnt say they are watercolour,only waterbased,I thought they did! ?
Hope this helps.
Thankyou for your lovely comments.xx

Juliet said...

Inspiring work Nicola - I have those pens too, but don't use them much so now is my chance. I like the watercolour on photo paper, so will give that a try I think.

Sarah C said...

What great items. Love the idea of the challenge. Will try to give it a go

Louly said...

Well I've done mine, it's on my blog.A refreshingly different challenge.

Marlou McAlees said...

what gorgeous cards!!! :)

Juliet said...

Very different for me too, but not a patch on Lou's. Anyway, two cards on my blog and thanks for 'stretching' me Nicola.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow that fantastic cards ,your so talented at water colouring ,great job ,Dawnx

Susie Little said...

Hi Nicola,

Here's my card.......


http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickmans-sketch-january-2.html

Susie xx

Sylvia Blum said...

Fantastic cards!!! I enjoyed looking at them so much!
I will come back again every now and then, I promise :-) (will add you to my blog roll, hope that's ok)

Thanks for sharing your talent!!!
Sylvia



Welcome to my wonderful world of Crafting

Thankyou for looking at my blog pages.