Sunday 12 October 2008

Sunday Challenge..A is for Acetate with a hint of pink

It's my turn over on Dottie's World to set the Challenge and the Challenge I have picked is:-
.....A for Acetate, With a Hint of Pink.
It can be a complete Acetate card, a card with an Acetate aperture,an Acetate Embelishment,what ever you like aslong as there is some Acetate Somewhere and also,as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month I would like to see some pink For my card, I was inspired by the globes in the new Making Cards Christmas Special Magazine.
I made the snow globe out acetate which I folded into a card,then I duplicated the shape at the bottom in card and attached to both sides of the acetate card.
I used the gorgeous Ice Skating Dottie from the Christmas Bundle available from Charmed Cards and Crafts,on the acetate I added stickles icicle glitter glue for the snow and a swirl for the ice.download dottie blinkie

12 comments:

Adele said...

So pretty Nicola, such a creat design and a great challenge too...I MUST play catch up and do this one!

love Dingle.xx

Linnie said...

I love your card Nicola what a brilliant idea and it is my fave colour smashing.
luv
linnie

Juliet said...

Gorgeous card Nicola! Thanks for a fab challenge this week - I love using acetate.
Juliet xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow i love what you have done with the accitate ,i would love to try that ,Dawnxx

Karen Mortensen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Nicola, I love it!

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Thanks for a great challenge! I absolutely love your snow globe, especially the swirl of glitter where Dottie's been skating!

Ruth x

Chrissie said...

I really LOVE this one Nicola, the acetate with the pink gives such a lovely "girly" look. I much prefer this to the traditional reds and greens for christmas cards.

Crafting Queen said...

What a great card, love the shape.

Lavender Rose said...

I love your globe card, it is so unique and very pretty too.

Louly said...

I love it Nicola, it's such a great idea! Sorry I've only just got around to visiting you. The new blog theme looks great! It fits my whole screen,I'm not used to that happening.

maddy hill said...

Enjay this is delightful !

Nicky said...

I think this is a brilliant idea, I love the way Dottie is in the globe, I would never have thought of using acetate in that way, Great



Welcome to my wonderful world of Crafting

Thankyou for looking at my blog pages.